Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tonight's primaries

So I know they're still counting votes for Oregon 'n all, but it's interesting to see all the news about the Kentucky and Oregon primaries, as they come in. It's sort of... surreal, like it's already been determined, and we're just going through the motions. It's like Hillary's in denial.

But I'm glad Obama didn't go declaring victory, tonight. I mean, a) it would have been kind of asinine, what with her kicking his ass in KY, and b) it also showed that he respects her role in the race. I don't know. It's weird how this is going. Aaaand this is coming off more reflective than I'd intended, but... oh well. I just feel bad for Hillary... I feel like she's.... dug herself into a hole with all the "I'll never quit" stuff, so now, when she has to back down, in the end... she's going to look silly. And she's a dignified woman. I wish she'd held on to more of it. I don't like her, but I have a lot of respect for how far she's come. She's an amazing woman, to be sure.

I just hope all the good democrats who aren't like me and the people like me (politiwhores) will still rank and file behind the nominee. Not that that's never been said before...

Okay, enough. Sorry. Pointless, I know. I'll do better, next time. Have a nice night :)

Update: This line from Obama's speech, tonight - snagged from dkos - is pretty sweet:
Senator Clinton has shattered myths and broken barriers and changed the America in which my daughters and yours will come of age.

So that is totally what I was getting at :) Thanks, Hillary, for making the future brighter for us!

No comments: