Friday, July 18, 2008

~ live life balanced ~

Thanks, Meghan.

This image sparks a lot of thoughts. I've always thought balance in life was hugely important. Balance in relationships, between things like work and play-- even little things like heat and cold (Hey, I'm a Minnesotan, what do you expect?!), politics... It brings me back to the idea of moderation. While my politics may not be exactly moderate at all... I have always recognized concept that without balance, we fall. Relationships can collapse in some form or another, if there is an imbalance in the power or sexual or emotional aspect/s (I would link, but there are too many cheesy articles that annoy me that come up at the top, and if you're reading this, you probably can figure out the Google search). Work and play - achieving the work-life balance is a constant issue for people. Like I said, one needs the balance between heat and cold, even! I mean, think about it... why do people eat ice cream when it's hot?

But no, really, the point is simply that finding that balance, that equilibrium in all aspects of life is so important. Age old concept (note Yin and Yang, the Tridosha system, etc.).The tricky part is doing it, and doing it right. Aaand, maybe at some point, I'll come up with a better way to present this theme. Mostly, I wanted to show the picture, since it relates closely to a tattoo idea I had of the Tree of Life (an idea that is constantly evolving, which is sort of unfortunate, since it's to be a tattoo, which is... permanent). Anyway. Neat picture, live and love life, find the balance. Yeah. :)

And my apologies to people who actually went to the links provided, since I'm pretty sure they sucked...

No comments: